EGC 'Hitching a Lift' Experience Voucher
- Aerotow launch to 2,000’ above the airfield
- An opportunity to fly the glider
- One month's temporary membership of the club, starting from date of flight
- Flight time 15-30 minutes
Terms and Conditions
The following apply to all purchases made via this website.
“The Club” = Edgehill Gliding Centre Ltd
“Voucher holders” = The person who will use the voucher to receive a flight experience.
- All flights begin and end at Shenington Airfield.
- Every voucher for a “flight experience” is valid for one year unless otherwise stated.
- The Club reserves the right to cancel any voucher but will endeavour to provide a full reason for cancellation.
- The club reserves the right to weigh, obtain height measurements or other required details from any voucher holder prior to a flight. These details will not be recorded but are necessary in order to maintain flight operational safety requirements.
- The minimum age for a flight experience is 12 years of age, unless agreed with the club's Chief Flying Instructor.
- The club reserves the right to refuse any voucher holder a flight on the grounds of flight safety, including but not limited to: a. The instructor (or any club member) has reason to believe the pilot is above the legal alcohol limit of 20mg of alcohol per 100ml of blood (correct at time of writing) b. The instructor (or any club member) has reason to believe the pilot is under the influence of any illegal substances. c. The instructor (or any club member) has reason to believe the pilot is not medically fit to fly. This can be due to prescription medication, medical or surgical history, or any current illness or infection. This list is not exhaustive, but should any section be used, the pilot may be offered the opportunity to rebook the experience, or obtain a refund, at the discretion of the Chief Flying Instructor.
- All vouchers sold from Edgehill Gliding Centre Ltd may only be redeemed with Edgehill Gliding Centre Ltd.
- The club reserves the right to cancel all or part of the experience at short notice due to safety, weather or operational reasons. The club will not be held liable for any losses as a result of this action, however will endeavour to rebook the experience at a mutually convenient date.
- Voucher holders may reschedule their flight using the online booking system or by emailing Edgehill Gliding Centre up to 48 hours in advance. Refunds may be offered for cancellations if there is a compelling reason to do so.
- All those taking Welcome to Gliding Experiences or EGC Training Courses are entitled to a period of free temporary membership of Edgehill Gliding Centre. In order to take up a trial lesson or course, it is necessary to take up the temporary membership, and to agree to be bound by the rules of the club.
- A voucher holder may bring family or friends to the airfield to watch the experience, however they must not pose a risk to flight or operational safety.
- Voucher holders and their family/friends should wear proper clothing for the conditions of the airfield at the time, depending on the weather. In winter, the general advice is to bring one or two layers in addition to what you would wear normally, as you may be on the airfield for an extended period of time.
- The Club cannot fly anyone who weighs more than 110kg (242 lbs), including the weight of clothing and the parachute which weighs 7kg (15lbs).
- Persons over 190cms (6’3’’) may not fit into a glider.
- Your normal car insurance is unlikely to cover your car whilst airside, your car must therefore be parked in the carpark near the club house. Edgehill Gliding Centre does not accept any liability for damage or loss for vehicles.
- The descriptions and illustrations used in our literature and on our website are accurate. Photographs and descriptions are intended to give a general idea of the Flight Experience or Course and do not form any part of a contract between you and Edgehill Gliding Centre.
- Although gliding is one of the safest of the "adventurous aviation" sports - accidents although rare, can happen. Therefore it is important that you are aware that gliding is a potentially dangerous activity and is not as safe as flying in a commercial airliner.
- These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer, and are governed by and in accordance with English law. The purchaser and Edgehill Gliding Centre agree that any problems fall under the jurisdiction of the English courts. All clauses and sub clauses in our terms and conditions are independent of each other. If one clause or sub clause is invalid or unenforceable this will not affect any other clause or sub clause.